Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Burnout?

Not sure exactly what's going on.  I think maybe I burnt out the dark part of my brain on that set for Nikki. I haven't posted it all yet, but since she asked for it, it's pretty much the darkest stuff I've done barring one or two exceptions, and 20 all at once.

So I went to do this short series that I had pending for a few weeks, and I just couldn't make it work how I'd originally intended.  Tried a few times, then ended up with a way more goofy story than I had wanted.




What ya think? =/

Not really happy with it.  But the problem is, when I get all obsessive and keep working on something, not happy with the result, I just can't move past it.  I end up re-doing it again and again and again, and then I get frustrated and stop making images for a while until I can finally get it where I want it.

It's a problem =P


We've got 3 entries in the contest so far!  2 from December005 and 1 from Benbedlam.  I'm happy to see some responses and totally excited to see what else people come up with in the next 2 weeks ;)

4 comments:

  1. Nice work done with (solar) flare. Sure its silly but it's sexy and I for one wouldn't be complaining. ;) I can be exactly the same with my pictures. I sometimes have to forcibly boot them out the door and just move on. Other times they rush out like an excited puppy then I realise they left a present on the rug. What the hell life to short I say if it feels good just do it. Always nice to see your work. Hope the contest reignites you. I hear there may be an asteroid coming...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very nice and don't worry about it, some times you can't just find the right words and pictures to match the idea in your head.

    Still if you want it a little darker I might be able to help you out I have a nice little twist this could have you might like. Some times you just need another person's perspective to flush out an idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the series was lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice to see you manipping and posting again, Liriel. And the plot of that series reminds me a bit of the plot of the book-within-book "Bimbos of the Death Sun".

    (Sadly, that plot is only briefly described in passing -- might make interesting reading otherwise.)

    Looking forward to reading your other posts. I hope you'll find the inspiration you're seeking.

    ReplyDelete